Saturday, September 13, 2014

My DC Home!

I lived in DC for four years as an undergraduate at CUA, however I was always living either on, or very close to campus with several roommates. When I was moving back to DC for graduate school at CUA and living in the Adam's Morgan/Woodley Park area I was ready for more of a culture shock and real city living! Boy did I luck out! My neighborhood has all the benefits of city living such as shops, restaurants, roof top bars, and metro without feeling even slighty scary. Of course, it's still DC and I am more cautious, but my neighborhood is full of friendly families, townhouses, and sunflowers that make you feel comfortable and appreciative of your beautiful surroundings! There is even a neighborhood dog named Romo who hangs out his first floor window every day with his name displayed under the window. Everyone in the neighborhood knows Romo's friendly face! I feel so fortunate to have found my small one bed-room apartment in this lovely little area! 

5 comments:

  1. It is very important to get to know DC since it is a city with so much history and filled with diverse culture from every corner of the world. I think it is important to love the area you live in because when you have a rough day you can be relieved that your comfortable home awaits for you. Judging from the description your are seems fun for the weekends that serves as a way from getting away from the hectic lifestyle during the weekdays. Once you get to know more the neighborhood the more comfortable you can be and in the long run have an emotional attachment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ronnie! I think Adams Morgan is great! So different than living on CUA's campus. It also gives you a chance to try out new places- I know when I lived on CUA's campus I always went to the same restaurants and bars and when I moved off campus I always wanted to go to different areas of DC and test out new locations. My boyfriend and I actually ended up making a little game out of it to try and find our new favorite place to eat! I actually live really close to Adams Morgan, and I've been meaning to go out there more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronnie, I've had the opportunity to spend a fair amount of time in Adams Morgan this semester. A few of my good friends from undergrad (that sounds strange to say) live in the neighborhood and it really is a getaway from the hustle-and-bustle of the majority of the city! As Rachel said, there are definitely some good food spots and places to hang out with friends, which makes it a destination for college students and young professionals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Veronica! Romo is cute! Nice neighborhood! How about a link to the directions on the Metro station site?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr. Steel!

      Here is the link to the directions on the metro station site:
      http://www.wmata.com/rail/station_detail.cfm?station_id=7

      Delete